General Genealogy Internet Sites
- 10,000 Year Calendar
- Calendars available for every month from 1 A.D to 10,000 A.D. Includes all leap years and calendar changes, with choices of when the calendar changed from Julian to Gregorian, October of 1582 or September of 1752.
- About Genealogy - The Family Tree and Genealogy Research Guide
- Collection of articles and information on various genealogy research topics.
- Adventures in Genealogy
- Column of stories and anedotes from genealogy research experiences
- American Local History Network
- Links to local historical and genealogical information organized by state and topic.
- Barrel of Genealogy Links
- List of high quality links for genealogy and U.S. Civil War research.
- BUBL Link 929 Genealogy
- Organization and cataloging of genealogy sites by the British Library.
- Capturing the Past ~ ~ Oral History
- Information on a four step process of preparing and conducting oral history interviews.
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
- BSP Award Recepient (Oct 1999) -- Most comprehensive and well organized genealogy site on the Internet. The glue that holds the rest of genealogy Internet world together. Organizes over 40,000 genealogy related links in over 100 different categories.
- Distant Cousins
- Information and links to genealogical information, including surname searches, queries, advice column, and links organized by country/ethnicity.
- Family Chronicle - Top Ten Genealogy Websites Nominees
- List the top ten genealogy sites as selected by Family Chronicle followed by another additional 163 sites.
- Family Reunion
- Information on organizing and implementing a family reunion. Also includes a registry of family reunions.
- Family Tree Climbers
- Collection of obituary, cemetery, GEDCOM, and query data gathered by volunteers.
- Family Workings Genealogy
- Collection of ancestor and adoption queries, volunteers for lookup and research, and obituary and cemetery information.
- First Choice Genealogy Ecards
- Firstmom's Genealogy Resources and Records
- Add your genealogy site to the ring and be connected with all the other great resources!
- Free-B-Kins Graphics
- Collection of free graphics for genealogy
- Genealogy Exchange & Surname Registry
- Genealogy data and surname registry organized by country and state/province organized by volunteers.
- GenealogyForum.com Website
- Collection of genealogy research information and helps for genealogists from beginners to professionals
- Genealogy Home Page
- Information on geanealogy research helps and resources, including traditional research and computer resources.
- Genealogy in the News
- Information on noteworthy genealogy news and events.
- Genealogy Links.net
- Contains genealogy links to over 4,300 sites, most of them to ship's passenger lists, church records, cemetery transcriptions, military records and censuses for USA, UK, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Europe, Canada, Australia & New Zealand.
- Genealogy Online
- Includes a 1% sample database of the 1880 US Census, a collection of GEDCOM files, and a Soundex converter.
- Genealogy Resources on the Internet
- BSP Award (Sept 1999) -- Organization of genealogy resources available in various forms, including GOPHER, FTP, telnet, WWW, mailing lists, and newsgroups. Most comprehensive site of genealogy related mailing lists.
- A message posting area for surname, regional, and general queries.
- Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- An online thesaurus for locating locality information.
- How to Write a Family History
- A chapter from Terrick FitzHugh's book, How to Write a Family History: The Lives and Times of Our Ancestors. Helps amateur genealogists to turn a family tree into a family history.
- Immigrant Ship Transciptions Guild
- Transciption of ship records. Records can be located via a list of port of departure or entry, date, or captain's name.
- Inflation Calculator ~ ~ 1800-1998
- Calculates the worth of specific dollar amount from a specific year to another between any dates from 1800 to 1998.
- International Genealogy Project
- Genealogy information organized by surname, search for data or add your own
- LDS FamilySearch
- Collection genealogies submitted to the Ancestral File and International Genealogical Index. Searchable catalog the the materials at the Family History Library. Resources guides on doing research in many countries and states and several topics.
- Librarians Serving Genealogists
- Resources for helping librarians provide better service and material to their patrons doing genealogy research.
- National Genealogical Society
- Main website for the US national organization for genealogical research.
- Newspaper Archives
- Links to newspapers with online archives of their newspaper articles. Some archives can be access for free while other do charge a fee to view the entire article.
- Olive Tree Genealogy Homepage
- Various genealogy information and links.
- On the Trail of Our Ancestors
- Information and data on various topics including beginning research and locating civil war ancestors to Loyalists Muster Rolls.
- Online Genealogy Magazines and Newsletters
- Links to online magazines and columns written for the genealogy audience.
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness
- List of individuals that are donating time to help others in doing resarch such as videotape cemeteries, etc., or to visit county courthouses in the county (or area of a country) they live upon a reimpursement for expenses incured (such as the video tape).
- Richard Wilson's Other Genealogy Web Sites
- An alphabetical listing of genealogy sites organized by topic.
- Rootsweb / Roots Surname List
- Over 750,000 surnames registers by researchs on the Internet. Information contans dates and migration route of the family and the researcher's contact information.
- Soundex Calculator
- Converts names to their equivelant soundex code.
- Steve Lacey's Genealogy Gateway To The WebTM
- A search engine specifically for genealogy sites.
- The Seeker
- Site specifically to assist people in seeking other people, both living and deceased.
WEBMASTER'S NOTE: Internet addresses shown in this document may change without notice. Please feel free to advise us of changes you discover by sending us the name or URL of this Web page, the name of the site, and the new address, if you know it, to GFSBrenda@aol.com
Return to Internet Center
The Genealogy Forum - Main Page
Beginners' Center | Resource Center | Message Boards
Surname Center | Reunion Center | File Library
Genealogy Forum News
Shop With Us
Genealogy Forum.com is a production of
Golden Gate Services, Inc. of Armada, Michigan.
© 1998 - 2008 All Rights Reserved. Brenda Jean Bova, President.
The Genealogy Forum is a member of the National Genealogical Society.
Tree logo provided by MeadPond Designs and is the trademark of GenealogyForum.com.
© 2008 Some graphics By Carol, All Rights Reserved
If you have any questions or comments,
please contact GenealogyForum@aol.com